Prev: re: [LST] MIME text/html pollution Next: RE: [OT] AoG ??? Project

Re: [LST] MIME text/html pollution

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:41:59 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [LST] MIME text/html pollution

On 21-Sep-01 at 10:22, David Reeves (davidar@nortelnetworks.com) wrote:

> I'm just as frustrated as you are!!!

You may be out of luck.  MIME has been an internet standard for almost
10 years now.  It is quite reasonable to assume that any non-broken
e-mail client can handle seperating off a MIME server signature.

The only place it causes problems (assuming a modern e-mail
client, heck, even pine handles MIME) is in the archives and
it is just something I've learned to deal with.  Since we are
saving archives externally a script to strip off HTML which
is MIME seperated would be no big deal.

Prev: re: [LST] MIME text/html pollution Next: RE: [OT] AoG ??? Project