Prev: RE: [SGII] Zombies Next: RE: [SGII] Zombies

RE: [SG]Unit Cohesion

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:59:37 -0400
Subject: RE: [SG]Unit Cohesion

Ahhh.

Except observing is an action. The disorganized unit could
not perform the Observe action to find out if a counter was
real or a dummy.

If the scenario has "observe from X range is a free action",
then a special rule needs to be added to cover the situation
of an unorganzed unit stumbling over a counter.

In any case, the hidden unit would have a chance to suppress
the disorganized unit. the disorganized unit would then have
to find cover to reorganize (can't be done in the open while suppressed)
and
then spend its actions to first reorganize
and then to remove the suppression.

In all cases, it was pretty cheezy (though innovative). The
only legtimate reason, that I can think of, for a unit to
disorganize (different from detachments) would be to avoid
the entire unit being captured (Special Forces team is
faced with overwhelming opposition and decides to "split
up and meet at the rendezvous point at 21:00".)

-----
Brian Bell
-----