Prev: Re: [FT] Full Thrust-based fighter rules? Next: Re: How do I paint ALIENS?

Re: [DS] What's the good word?

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:31:25 -0400
Subject: Re: [DS] What's the good word?

At 9:06 PM +0100 9/19/01, Ground Zero Games wrote:

>I always assumed it to be down to function - MICVs are designed for the
>infantry to fight mounted, at least until they're almost on top of the
>objective; APCs are battle taxis from which the infantry dismount for a
>foot assault. It is also down to the weapon systems installed - MICVs
>generally have reasonable guns/missiles, APCs usually no more than MGs,
as
>befits their different roles.

It's always seemed like something of a fuzzy line. The A-CAVs from
Vietnam were right there on that line. The infantry tended to fight
from the track, and it was armed a bit more than your garden variety
APC (M2HB + 2 SAWs + a grenadier).
- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	 \ Toronto, Gun down some squeegee kids, - NRA -
- www.rawa.org	  \  Then you can host the Olympics too!       -

Prev: Re: [FT] Full Thrust-based fighter rules? Next: Re: How do I paint ALIENS?