Prev: Re: [SGII] Zombies Next: Re: [FT] Full Thrust-based fighter rules?

Re: [DS] What's the good word?

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 19:47:05 +0200
Subject: Re: [DS] What's the good word?

Tony Francis wrote:

>As always, there are exceptions to these rules - the Swedish PBV-302
has
>a 20mm cannon but would probably as an APC (Oerjan ?).

I'd rate the PBV-302 as a very early IFV, though the infantry was never
supposed to fight from the vehicle - they debussed before attacking. I'm

not sure if the term "IFV" (or MICV, ICV, etc.) had been invented at the

time (mid-late '60s), though :-/ "PBV" is the Swedish acronym for
"Armoured
Tracked Vehicle"; it doesn't indicate the tactical role of the vehicle.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: [SGII] Zombies Next: Re: [FT] Full Thrust-based fighter rules?