Prev: Re: [OT] New York - from "Jane's" Next: Re: [OT] New York - from "Jane's"

War games and war was Re: Just heard the news

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 17:48:58 EDT
Subject: War games and war was Re: Just heard the news

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:15:58 -0700 thwaak <thwaak@pacbell.net> writes:
<snip>

>Additionally my brother is stationed aboard the Carl Vinson, which is
>currently in the Persian Gulf. My thoughts are with him, and any of
>you who
>also may fear for loved ones around the world.
>
>-Brent Wolke

Why is it that war games seem so... well, Fun... but the real thing is
so... Horrific?  Is it because it has the 'distance' of history or (for
SF and Fantasy) 'not reality' or because we compartmentalize our minds
so
easily?

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [OT] New York - from "Jane's" Next: Re: [OT] New York - from "Jane's"