Prev: Re: Scenarious Next: Re: [OT] Hope

Re: [OT] Hope

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:48:47 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Hope

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Roger Books wrote:

> Derk Groeneveld wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, David Griffin wrote:
> >

> > > --- Tom Granvold <Thomas.Granvold@Sun.COM> wrote:
> > > It is premature, but this sort of operation almost
> > > requires the kinds of resources only a country
> > > can provide.
> >
> > Does it? Doesn't it take no more than a handful of persons who have
made
> > up their mind to die in order to get this done? It takes only one
who can
> > fly a plane (which is not too hard once it is ariborne, or so I have
been
> > told), for each plane(*), and enough help to take over the plane.
This is
> > not in itself a massive operation?
>
> Keeping one airborne is not hard, they are designed to do this on
their
> own.	Hitting a target, even one as big as a building, is difficult.
Those
> pilots had some training with large aircraft.

I just looked at the path these planes took. they turned onto the jersey
river. Something they could have gotten the original pilots to do. Then,
all they had to do was follow the river and fly into one of the biggest,
most visible objects one has ever seen on the horizon.

I'm not saying it's easy, but given the time one has to get on course
with
something that visible, I don't think it's all THAT hard either (I'd
think.. Not a flyer myself).

> > (*) I do not believe the regular crew could be forced into flying
their
> > plane into the towers.
>
> Neither does anyone here, as a matter of fact their is speculation
> the pilot of the fourth plane knew what was going on and crashed
> into the ground.  The others were probably dead early on.

That was what I guessed as well.

Cheers,

   Derk

Prev: Re: Scenarious Next: Re: [OT] Hope