Prev: Re: [OT] Hope Next: Re: Scenarious

Re: [OT] Hope

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:09:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Hope

--- Derk Groeneveld <derk@cistron.nl> wrote:
> Does it? Doesn't it take no more than a handful of
> persons who have made
> up their mind to die in order to get this done? It
> takes only one who can
> fly a plane (which is not too hard once it is
> ariborne, or so I have been
> told), for each plane(*), and enough help to take
> over the plane. This is
> not in itself a massive operation?

One person wouldn't be enough to take over an
aircraft, not to fly it into a building. Plus,
they need *some* kind of weapon(s), so that implies
some kind of conspiracy to get the weapons past
airport security. Given how often my planes have
been on time, coordination like that seems more
than what a small group could manage. Unless they
were very lucky, deciding how and where to hit
the buildings seems like a lucky guess unless they
have an organization that can do a structural
analysis of the building.

Furthermore, suicide bombing isn't a modus
operandi of American terrorists (not so far
anyway).

We know very little right now. Let's wait and
see what the FBI and CIA come up with for
suspects.

Perhaps we will, in time, find out you're right,
but I think we're dealing with a ruthless
organization/country with considerable resources,
not a small group of disgruntled extremists.

Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant messaging with Yahoo!
Messenger

Prev: Re: [OT] Hope Next: Re: Scenarious