Prev: Scenarious Next: Re: Scenarious

Re: [OT] Hope

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:00:17 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Hope

Shock, horror, anger...

Life in the US will be very ugly for some time.

I'm reminded of the bombing of the Federal Building in Oklahoma City,
and
the terrible things said against Arabs. I've just reminded my boss who
spoke of 'foreigners in the US' that I'm only two generations away from
being one myself, and my other grandfather spoke German as well, or
maybe
better, than English, through both WWI and WWII.

I don't recall hearing stories of any problems he had, though. I suppose
he
could have counted himself lucky he wasn't Japanese American.

So, I have few comments, and have decided to wait to hear more facts,
after
the first flourishes of the media's hopeless, silly, fill.

However, I'm certain, in due course, I will have things other than list
protocols on my mind for righteous wrath.

Thank you for proper hopes.

Prev: Scenarious Next: Re: Scenarious