Prev: Re: [OT] Lurking devices Next: one view on TOE Basics

Crusty versus Dirty old men

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 19:16:37 EDT
Subject: Crusty versus Dirty old men

On Sun, 9 Sep 2001 09:07:37 -0500 devans@uneb.edu writes:

>It was on this very list, though, while it doesn't seem so long ago,
>it may
>have been before you signed on.

Probably.  That or it was a victim of my work learned 'delete before
reading' reflex...

>Apparently, some folks have visions of crusty, old men (btw, the
>definition
>of curmudgeon) attired in musty, disheveled trench coats, and nothing
>else,
>crowding kiosks with a cornucopia of pornography.

As opposed to 'clean cut' young men with a Playboy?

>Sort of like the wheezing laugh of Muttley(sp?), who never seemed to
>show
>prurient interests, but a simple joi d'vie at his master's regular
>PAINFULL
>misfortunes.

Muttley!   Loved that laugh!

>Course, my own perceptions in this area are completely suspect; I've
>been
>labeled by no less an authority than St. Jon, no erasures, as a dirty
>old
>man.

I have got to get to the UK and Australia to get first hand (no jokes!)
evaluations in this matter.

>Jon, you are still keeping an eye out for that copy of Girls
>Illustrated
>for me, right?
>
>The_Beast

Girls Illustrated?  No, don't explain.	I expect it won't equal my
fevered puritanical imagination (for those who know the reality versus
the stereotype of the early Puritans.)

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [OT] Lurking devices Next: one view on TOE Basics