Prev: Re: Huh? was Re: Fw: [OT] Alien Figures Next: RE: request info on GZG WCC II

Re: TOE/Archive

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 12:16:55 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: TOE/Archive

On  8-Sep-01 at 12:52, Glenn M Wilson (triphibious@juno.com) wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Sep 2001 09:58:09 -0400 (EDT) Roger Books
> <books@mail.state.fl.us> writes:
> >
> >I'm getting ready to order DS from KR, and want to order
> >some mini's to start.  I'd like to do a combined force
> >(don't ask me for a definition for that) based around
> >Hover-vehicles.
>
> The beautifully listed TO&En of Hammer's Slammers was great but are
you
> strictly looking for Hammer's force and contemporaries only?	Are you
> open to other genre of SF?
>
> If yes - How big?  Do you want two sides or one of a certain point
value
> to match in one:one neo-gladiator style games?  Do you want a
> scenario/campaign driven groups of forces?  Is technological diversity
an
> important factor?  Should TO&E's vary dramatically?  Should high tech
> forces be smaller numerically at squad/platoon/company level?

No, I'm  not trying to recreate a piece of the Slammers.  I'm just
trying to get an idea of what a reasonable force would be for playing
a side in a battle.  My table is 3 feet by about 7 feet (hollow core
door.)	Currently I have stuff from SJG, 4 heavy tanks, 6 GEV's, 2
light tanks, 2 mobile artilly, 1 Superheavy and 5 stands of infantry.
Oh, and a MK III.

It's nice, but I like the looks of the DS/Future Wars stuff so want
to assemble a decent DS force that can be used against the SJG in
a pinch.  I don't have the rules yet so points mean little.

So far I've ordered 4 Heavy Hover Tanks and 5 hover APC's along with
24 infantry.  Definately not enough but a start.

Prev: Re: Huh? was Re: Fw: [OT] Alien Figures Next: RE: request info on GZG WCC II