Prev: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers? Next: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers?

Re: Brens? was Re: [OT] Clear Preds

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 08:37:30 +0100
Subject: Re: Brens? was Re: [OT] Clear Preds

>At 11:05 PM -0500 9/5/01, devans@uneb.edu wrote:
>>I've a couple, and have suddenly gone 'rolling black out' on the
source.

>>Ainsty?
>>
>>I didn't see it mentioned, but was going to ask about the Bren used as
>>TD. However, TOO OT, so I'll start doing searches.
>
>I expect that you're speaking of the Universal or Bren Carriers here
>and not the .303 British Bren LMG. Aside from the general use of the
>Boyes AT rifle in .51 calibre from the various Infantry carriers. The
>Aussies did build up their own Bren carriers with a 2lbr. They never
>deployed them though.

There are several photos of Universal Carriers captured by the Germans
and
converted into rudimentary SPAT guns by mounting a 37mm PAK (the
"Wehrmacht
Doorknocker") on them; probably not very effective, but better than
nothing!

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers? Next: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers?