Prev: [FT]Alternate Universes-Weapon Types Next: Re: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry

Re: [OT]Rogue Trooper Re: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 08:45:03 -0700
Subject: Re: [OT]Rogue Trooper Re: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry

Douglas,

	      Point taken however, I find that my eclectic mind works in
this way.I
take my Sci-Fi rather tongue in cheek, in fact the terms OT and Sci-Fi
are
hardly
mutually exclusive! It could be argued that Sci-fi is OT from Sci-Fact
but
be that
as it may or not, the point is to have fun with the probabilities. As
for
where you
get your gaming influences is does it really matter? I say this as some
one
who
owns most of that old crap, and is in the throws of compiling them into
something
more Stargruntish !(TSR Buck Rogers, Gamma World, Star Frontiers, and
FASA
stuff by the bucket) I hope to codify these into a generic bestiary for
use
with
a random encounter matrix of some sort. I don't plan this to be anything
like a
standard item in our games here but, it could be useful in the one off
search and
rescue mission or some such. Also as I now (at long last) have my web
site
up I
have to fill it up with some thing different........)

Don M

> ***
> For those in the UK, Rogue Trooper from 2000AD (...)
> ***
>
> While I've seen 2000AD, though mostly of the Judge Dredd dominated
issues,
> many in the US will recognize Rogue Trooper from the Evil Empire(tm)
> boardgame of the same title.
>
> While long out of print, as are all the more interesting GW items, I
think
> it's a game well worth a look.
>
> Now, please note that my bringing up particular items, such as theTSR
Buck
> Rogers connection, was to make a point. This could get way out of hand
if
> you bring up things like, say, Kurt Russell's Soldiers, which would
> probably go off on a painful side discussion of it's points AS a
movie, or
> even something as way off topic as another company's comic book, or
game.
;