Prev: [DS2] GE Infantry Next: RE: [FT]Alternate Universes Pt II

Re: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry

From: Jonathan white <jonw@n...>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 11:09:16 +0100
Subject: Re: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry

Noel Weer wrote:
> A few of us were talking about a modification for Dirtside, I took it
upon
> myself to follow it up. A quick (very quick, so if I missed something
please
> let me know) scan of the Net did not turn up anything so I crafted the
> following. I tried to keep the modifications within the logical bounds
of
> the DS standard rules - modified only to reflect great physical
capabilities
> and greater training/devotion to battle.
For those in the UK, Rogue Trooper from 2000AD is probably the
definitive example. I also remember Dream Pod 9's Heavy Gear game has
G.E.I's in it (under a different name - I think they call them GRELs)
left behind by an invading earth force trying to take back it's colony
worlds. They actually go as far as having several 'castes' of
differently engineered infantry for different tasks.

				TTFN
					Jon

--
Barclaycard Premiership Table August 28 2001
pos			P W D L F A Pt

Prev: [DS2] GE Infantry Next: RE: [FT]Alternate Universes Pt II