Prev: RE: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry Next: Re: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry

RE: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 19:24:47 -0500
Subject: RE: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry

***
but I can't see why it should give them an
armoured hide... they still bleed right? I don't know the references you
gave so sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree here.
***

One staple of some literature, though I've not seen the Battleworld
stuff,
is a greater control of bodily functions. I'm thinking of Hindu Fakirs
capable of stopping bleeding consciously.

Not overwhelming on the modern battlefield; fried, cut in half, even
tapped
by a really powerful round, and you won't have the consciousness to use,
but it'd make the difference 'tween incapacitated and another few rounds
of
action. I don't know DSII well enough to tell how big a difference the
description is.

I generally find 'ubermensch' distasteful in any game. It's nice if
someone
is really big, then he's slow. If someone is really fast, then he's
fragile. David Gerrold's Morthans notwithstanding.

I assume that any troops the NAC are going to transport across the ether
is
going to be DAMN good by any standard.

Going to another bit of source, in the TSR Buck Rogers board game, and I
think the first RPG, 'gennies' were brewed up for a particular
environment.
You tried to move one from Mercury to Venus, it not only didn't do well
in
the new locale, it just died.

Optimized humans, via training and equipment, vs. engineered, were the
great jack-o-all-trades we assume them to be.

Vachead blithering ceasing...

The_Beast

Prev: RE: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry Next: Re: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry