Prev: Re: Primer Next: RE: [SG2] Trying to drum up support for some new figs

[FT] Vector racing!

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:24:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [FT] Vector racing!

Last night we tried four-player FT racing, using vector movement on a
roughly 6x6foot table. I haven't had that much fun playing anything in a
while!

(my opponents will tell you that the fact that I was winning by a
comfortable margin helped...)

We used a figure-8 track, with impenetrable (sp?) diamond-shaped
obstacles
forming the centers of the 8. No firing until half way thru the first
lap
- you had to do the first loop of the 8 and go back thru the center gate
before you went weapons-free or were a valid target.

We had three ship designs; the lightly armed, fragile 'Greyhound' with
Thrust 10; the mid-range T8 'Whippet' and the T6 'heavy' 'Bulldog' - the
Bulldog still only had 2 B1s and a B2, and about 12 or 15 hull points.
My
Greyhould/Whippet pair lead for the whole race; the two or three
Bulldogs
basically gutted each other back in the pack.

Do try FT racing; try it in vector even if you usually play cinematic!
That moment of Oh-my-Dog-we're-all-gonna-pile-into-the-walls is great,
especially at that very first turn!

We even had a total newbie, never played FT and never used vector, and
he
was doing pretty well for himself - no crashes until he started taking
damage.

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

Prev: Re: Primer Next: RE: [SG2] Trying to drum up support for some new figs