Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #652 Next: RE: [FT]Alternate Universes Pt II

RE: Combat Effectivness

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:13:42 +1000
Subject: RE: Combat Effectivness

On Thursday, August 30, 2001 6:48 AM, Oerjan Ohlson
[SMTP:oerjan.ohlson@telia.com] wrote:
> General comment:
>
> Minor issues with the exact figures aside, this system should work
well in

> Vector. In Cinematic OTOH it runs into problems with maneuvers, though
-
> eg., using Brendan's system there's no way a pair of NSL
Richthofen-class
> BCs can ever defeat a lone ESU Komarov (they'll maul it badly before
they
> die, but die they will), but in a real game they can take it out if
one of

> the BCs manage to get onto the Komarov's tail (ie., in the (A) arc and
with
> roughly the same course and speed). With a thrust rating of only 2,
the
> only way the Komarov can shake them off in Cinematic is to slow down
> speed 0 and spin in place :-/

There was a fairly large fudge factor as I was too lazy at the time to
do
the heavy math required.
I might get around to redoing it with your comments if I get some free
time.

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[Firestorm] Battletech PBeM GM

Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #652 Next: RE: [FT]Alternate Universes Pt II