Prev: RE: [FT] |SV Stingers Next: Re: Combat Effectivness

RE: Combat Effectivness

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:50:48 -0400
Subject: RE: Combat Effectivness

Tough question.

K1:
 x2 mass
 x2.5 range
 Less damage potential overall, but more efficient close
  .24 vs 0.78 over entire range
  .84 vs 0.78 in 12mu range
  .13 vs 0.0 at over 12mu range
 Ignores screens
 Slightly better armor penetration.

To really do it you would need to account for the damage
done to a standard ship with screens and armor (whatever
ammount you decide is fair fir a basis). Find the average
damage in each arc and at each range band of EACH weapon.
Then add the total. If playing vector, triple the points
for the arc with the most damage (as you can often get
the enemy in the correct arc).

-----
Brian Bell
-----