Prev: RE: [FT] |SV Stingers Next: RE: [FT] |SV Stingers

Combat Effectivness

From: "Damond Walker" <dwalker@s...>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:23:16 -0400
Subject: Combat Effectivness

Howdy list,

    I was wondering if anyone had done any work with determining a
combat
effectivness value for ships in FT.  I've been toying with the idea over
the
last couple of days and I'm trying to come up with values for systems to
measure their effectivness in combat.  Point Total != Combat
Effectivness.

    Weapons which can cause damage at longer ranges are worth more
points,
for example: Beam-1 = 2, Beam-2 = 4, Beam-3=6, etc.

    Each hull box is worth 1, each armor box is worth 1.5, each thrust
point
is worth 5, etc.

    With the numbers I've been using I come up with the following
examples:

	Warsaw DD = 51.5
	Volga DH = 58
	Tibet CL = 72.5
	Petrograd BC = 125

    I havn't found it yet but I'm looking for a range of numbers which
will
show that a Petrograd BC is three times more effective in combat than
say a
single Warsaw DD.  The above values are for human ships.  The values for
Kravvy tech. will be adjusted a bit higher because of the nature of the
K-guns and their drives (we use the vector rules).

    The problem I'm having is coming up with good values for the various
technologies in the game.  If I use the Beam-1 as a base then a K-1
should
be worth more...but how much more?

Prev: RE: [FT] |SV Stingers Next: RE: [FT] |SV Stingers