Prev: [DS] Models representing GMS's and SLAM's Next: Re: [FT] Alternate Universes

Re: [FT] Alternate Universes

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 23:09:42 EDT
Subject: Re: [FT] Alternate Universes

Great, keep it up.  While the GZG universe is expertly well done (Kudos
to Mr Tuffley and any 'assistants' that contributed) matching generic
yet
in line with the rules in a well balanced presentation, I love to hear
about alternate universes so I can steal, I mean borrow ideas to keep my
setting fresh, even if I don't use any of the ideas (because it makes me
lay out the background base as to 'why' that didn't happen!)

So, which are human, which are 'humanoid' aliens, which are definitely
*not* humanoid?  What are their governments like?  Their Cultures? Their
Ground TO&E (being basically a DS2'er by nature)?  Their flotilla
formations?  Who uses what?  And why (Psychology and Sociology)?

Paranoid minds want to know!

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious

[or was that paranoid mimes?]

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001 22:46:01 EDT Alderfek@aol.com writes:
>Hi all,
> Well finally getting around to finishing up my mold masters and
>setting up
>some stats for my GalacTec stuff. I am basing my ship sizes on the old
>FT1
>categories of	class,ie a Hvy Cruiser is in the 32 mass rangeand each
>unit of
>mass is equal to 1000 tons.
> I finally settled on 6 different races;
>The Danegra Coalition
>The Delthaze Tribunal
>The Hargonne
>The Parloomian Emerates
>The Perg'r'nese Domain
>The Qizan Confederation
>The United Terran Commonwealth
>The Vindric
>
>Some groups use shields only, some armor only and some both. All
>except one
>use vector movement and they use a modified cinematic gravity drive.
> Weapon systems vary widely with H.E.Lasers, Anti-Proton Beams, Plasma
>
>cannon, Pulse Cannon, X-Ray Lasers, Railguns, Mag-Shot Projectors,
>Pulse
>Torps, AI Nuke missiles, SML's & Anti-Matter pods.
>
>I should have some of the molds masters primered tomorrow so hopefully
>I will
>be able to share some pics in the next few days.
>
>Thrusting away,
>Kirk
>
>PS: I am also working up the ground equivalent equipment for this
>universe
>using the Full Thrust ship builder. So far, so good
>

>Kirk Alderfer
>
>http://members.aol.com/arbron
>Webelos Den Leader - Pack 23
>Asst. Scoutmaster - Troop 16
>Aerospace Designer
>Wargamer

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: [DS] Models representing GMS's and SLAM's Next: Re: [FT] Alternate Universes