Prev: Re: [OT] Jagdpanzer Panther Next: Re: My alter ego: [6mm-Miniatures] Counting the miniatures before the Money Orders arrive...

My alter ego: [6mm-Miniatures] Counting the miniatures before the Money Orders arrive...

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 11:04:39 EDT
Subject: My alter ego: [6mm-Miniatures] Counting the miniatures before the Money Orders arrive...

I recently sold (the MO's are supposedly in the mail, so I feel safe in
planning but not ordering)  and was thinking about what the best spread
over manufacturer's and armies would be to increase the base of my
knowledge of 6mm (1/285th, 1/300th) scale possibilities.

Currently I have H&R WW2 French and British (for use in GZG's Dirtside2
SF game  [oh, SF is Science Fiction]) along with Scotia historical and
(a
few) SF  vehicles, Battletech infantry (okay the base scale is closer to
8mm but it works) plus a few mechs and Power Armor for SF games, Modern
GHQ vehicles and infantry (the latter is the 'metal counter' "standing
for inspection" looking stuff,) Modern C-in-C (Thank you eBay!) vehicles
plus a few unidentified second hand pieces.  That's what i remember off
the top of my head (If I went into the basement 'cantonment' then there
might be small amounts of some other manufacturers...)

I was looking at several areas for possible buys - trying to get the
best
spread of maker/era:

<snip Historical stuff>

SF:

(Not this order but later I will be looking at space/star ships.)
Brigade (vehicles)
GZG (Vehicles, I have infantry included in the infamous 'since April'
order to GEO-HEX through the local shop)
Irregular Vehicles and Infantry (for 'other scale' Skirmishes using
Starguard I added 15mm and 25mm squads)

Comments and options welcome.

Gracias,
Glenn/Dwarf Warrior
This is my Fantasy and 6/10mm Alter Ego e-mail account

This was posted by my 6mm/fantasy alter ego on the 6mm list at Yahoo but
comments/suggestions from this list are invited also. Somehow I left of
fantasy dwarves/goblins but no biggie.

Note: I use a lot of Modern/WW2 vehicles and infantry for SF in this
scale too.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!