Prev: [FT] Question about Drives Next: Re: Campaigns

Re: [FT] Starship Troopers "Roger Younge"

From: ShldWulf@a...
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:49:07 EDT
Subject: Re: [FT] Starship Troopers "Roger Younge"

devans@uneb.edu said:
>The exact size of the Rodger Young(sp?) is debatable,

Even more so since you need to figure out which one your talking about
:o)

The book version was more a marine raider carrier. I recall two
retrieval
boats mentioned, and not much more than a reinforced company aboard.

Now the movie/CGI series Rodger Young, (correct spelling at least as far
as
the book was concerned :o) seemed to be the size of a battlewagon. At
LEAST
battleship size if not a dreadanought. I'm not sure if the book ever
went
into any details, but I seem to recall a cylndrical hull, flattened and
flared at the aft end for the drives. The movie/CGI series looked more
like
one of the UN battlecraft from FT. Hope that helps.

Prev: [FT] Question about Drives Next: Re: Campaigns