Prev: Re: [mini] Pine Sol works Next: RE: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

RE: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:29:11 +1000
Subject: RE: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

On Tuesday, August 21, 2001 2:44 AM, Dean Gundberg
[SMTP:Dean.Gundberg@noridian.com] wrote:
> One fix I haven't seen mentioned yet is limiting the amount of power
each
> Stinger Node can handle to say 8 points, but allow multiple stingers
> combine power for the very long range shots (ie if you want to use 32
power
> for a single die from 60"-72", you need to have 4 Stinger nodes in arc
and
> they have to be dedicated to this shot and can't be used for anything
else
> that turn).
>
> This fix stops custom ships from having a single stinger and lots and
lots
> of Power Generators but shouldn't effect the FB2 designs much if any.

One option I thought might work but haven't mentioned before, is to
treat
the stinger power as the weapon mass equivalent using the usual 12"
bands.
ie: the SV uses 8 power into one stinger gives the equivalent of a class
4
beam (4d, 3d, 2d, 1d).
This let's the SV keep their range advantage, but reduces the problem
with
the point blank i-put-everything-into-the-one-stinger problem.

Or maybe adjust the stinger bands to 10" and see how that works out in
testing instead of 9".

'Neath Southern Skies - http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[sstrike] Raider Fleet of War Leader Kel'em'all

Prev: Re: [mini] Pine Sol works Next: RE: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"