Prev: WOTW #12 Next: Re: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 13:59:21 -0400
Subject: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

I'm generating a few cents of input based on some PBeM experience in
Brian's Sentient Strife game.

So far:

The Pool shuffling (Pods from R, Spicuels from D) seems to work.
9" range bands overcompensate any erstwhile SV advantage in vector. I'm
beginning to think they're bad all around, but reserve judgement for
Cinematic. (One solution I like is 13" - 1" per range band (0-12, 12-23,

23-33, 33-42, 42-50)
Unless there FB3 gets a "Torp Pod" that works like a pulse torp
(including range bands) Pods are almost exclusively useful as defense
only.

As for custom designs, I think that requiring Screen nodes and Pod
Launchers to be grown when a construct reaches a certain size
(biological rules - One node/lancher per X mass) would help prevent
abuse. Further, not letting Power generator mass exceed 30% of total SV
mass would  also help (No FB2 SV Violates this rule, if I recall).

Prev: WOTW #12 Next: Re: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"