Prev: RE: [SGish] APC question Next: [OT] Halon RE: [SGish] APC question

RE: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - Poll

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:51:07 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - Poll

> Well, I agree that as simple 'stealth-4' wich halves range bands is
> simpler - especially if we limit it to things like the Blind Field
that
> affect the carrying ship as well.

Hmmmmm, this sound like the modified Cloak I use for my conversion of
Aquarian ships from Starfleet Wars
(http://starranger.homestead.com/Aquarians.html) who in their original
game
had an 'Invisibility Field' that took a lot of their power but still
allowed
them to fire but not as well since they had limited power left.

Aquarian Cloak (Invisibilty Field)
10% mass of ship, cost is 10x mass used.  When cloak is active, enemy
knows
a ship is there but can not identify size or type.  Fire from a cloaked
ship
treats beam batteries as 1 class smaller (ie a Class 3 Beam rolls is
treated
like a Class 2 Beam when the cloak is active).	No other weapons may
fire
when cloaked.  Fire targeted at a cloaked ship doubles effective range
(this
gives the Aquarians the ability to fire at ships with B3s from 18"-24"
when
opponents B3s can't touch them.)

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
   Soon moving to http://www.star-ranger.com

Prev: RE: [SGish] APC question Next: [OT] Halon RE: [SGish] APC question