Prev: RE: [FT] Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: Re: [FT] Taskforce and Fleet Actions

Re: [FT] Taskforce and Fleet Actions

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:44:56 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Taskforce and Fleet Actions

> ~6hrs is the minimum recharge time. I'm looking at a fast transit for
> a military  vessel. Its the difference between a Battle Cruiser
> making a transit across the ocean and a standard freighter.
>
> I suspect that a military vessel deploying on a combat operation will
> be hoofing it.

Kind of like saying "With aerial tanking, an Eagle can fly at Mach 1.2
non-stop all the way from California to Kuwait."  Well, yes, but it
wouldn't
be a good idea to go straight into combat when you arrive.  My
impression is
that you don't make 6 hour jump cycles unless it's critical ("there's  a
SDN
division coming towards us--6.5 hours to intercept") or possibly if you
only
need a couple of cycles to get there and you believe you'll have
recovery

Prev: RE: [FT] Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: Re: [FT] Taskforce and Fleet Actions