Prev: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: Re: [SG] Ship building

RE: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - Poll

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 07:13:30 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - Poll

 From Brian Bell:
 > Of the 2, I would prefer (A) Range band modifications. But I fear
that
this
 > may get too complicated with seperate range bands for 12mu based, 9mu

based
 > (SV Stingers), 6mu based, and close (fighters, missiles, etc.).

For this, I think you can rest easy. Having played now with both SV and
Stealth vs. "standard" ships, the different range bands are no harder to

keep in mind than the standard beam and p-torp ranges.. It's not like
every weapon has a different range and damage profile that you have to
keep on your SSD...

 > At this point, I will just say that 9mu range bands MAY be too
 > limiting for SV under vector.

Yep. I'll want to open this up, but would like a bit more data from the
game first.

 From Charles:
 > Noams proposal was (IIRC) reduce 12mu to 9mu, and 6mu to 4.5mu for
 > Stealth-1, further levels reduce 12mu bands by a further -1, and 6mu
 > bands by a further -0.5.

Yes. Stated more generally, Stealth 1 reduces opponent effective range
bands by 1/4 (round up for range). Stealth 2 by 1/3. Stealth 3 is
something Charles raised for the blindfield (or was it voidfield). I'm
not a big fan of stealth 3, since it doesn't make a nice easy fraction.
I'd rather skip to Stealth 4 at a more astronomical cost/mass (5 or 6x
stealth 1) for 1/2 size range bands or perhaps only 4x, but with firing
penalties (i.e. reduced to stealth 2 or 1 if stealth ship fires
weapons).

For SV 9 MU stingers would indeed be 7 and 6 vs. Stealth 1 and 2
respectively

Prev: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: Re: [SG] Ship building