Prev: Re: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - Poll Next: Re: Hot ships in cold space

Re: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - Poll

From: devans@u...
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 10:22:38 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - Poll

***
I instinctively go for option B.
However, why not simply create two different systems
to fullfil each function?
***

I find the B option easier to apply; on first blush, modifying dice
rolls
over changing range measurement seems an easier mechanic.

***
> Option A:
*-snip-*

Sounds somewhat easier to balance than B
***

I'm not seeing that immediately, but I suppose I should go back through
range bands are easier to fudge because of higher granularity with dice
modifiers.

If so, that IS a powerful argument, though FT thrives on simplicity.

I'd say that they can be alternative systems, though I'd like to see a
'preferred'. ;->=

I'll vote a provisional B.

Oh, these are still totally optional, used with the permission of all
participants, right?

Prev: Re: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - Poll Next: Re: Hot ships in cold space