Prev: Re: Hot ships in cold space Next: Re: Hot ships in cold space

Black Body Radiation.

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 18:02:44 -0400
Subject: Black Body Radiation.

At 2:18 PM -0700 8/10/01, Diamond, Ndege wrote:

>Cure my ignorance. What is a blackbody emitter and blackbody curve?

Black body is the relationship between temperature and color causing
the absorption of radiation. An object will radiate to some degree no
matter what. The Black Body term derives from the ideal source of
heat. Different objects relate to that benchmark in varying degrees.

see
http://www.phys.virginia.edu/classes/252/black_body_radiation.html

and

http://www.chem.ualberta.ca/~plambeck/che/p101/p01212.htm

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	 \ Toronto, Gun down some squeegee kids, - NRA -
- www.rawa.org	  \  Then you can host the Olympics too!       -

Prev: Re: Hot ships in cold space Next: Re: Hot ships in cold space