Prev: RE: [SG? No, OT!] Cammo Next: Re: Hot ships in cold space

Hot ships in cold space

From: "Tomb" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 17:21:43 -0400
Subject: Hot ships in cold space

Assume for a moment we can find a method of converting heat to other
energy without generating more heat. Is this possible? Dunno. Might it
be? Possibly.

Perhaps we could bleed <by methods unknown> into jump drive power
(stored as potential energy to drive Jump engines). Perhaps we could
find a way to just bleed it off into some nth dimension or subspace -
neither creating nor destroying energy, just sending it off to another
place. Perhaps I can use some sort of small wormhole to squirt my heat
energy out into faraway space?

We know a lot about the world. We know a little about the stars. Keep in
mind where we were, knowledge wise, 180 years ago (1820). Pretty funny
some of the things they thought would and would not be possible and how.

Now imagine that the rate of increase in human knowledge has increased
and is accelerating. Now project 180 years forward.

I think we just might solve this conundrum. If you were playing FT2020,
I'd have to agree with the thought heat would be the big factor. Even
FT2050. But we're at 2180+. Seems like this problem might have been
licked. Maybe we even got some of Don's German Engineers to solve it?
<Though apparently not all Germans are Engineers... there must be at
least one or two hold outs... *grin*>

And as for Noam's comment about your paint in space not mattering... I
find that ironic coming from Mr. New-Israel-Stealth-Boy. Something tells
me your paint job DOES matter eh Noam?

Prev: RE: [SG? No, OT!] Cammo Next: Re: Hot ships in cold space