Prev: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: RE: [SG?] Cammo

RE: [SG?] Cammo

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:12:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [SG?] Cammo

--- Brian A Quirt <baqrt@mta.ca> wrote:
>      Assuming your spaceship is crewed by humans or
> a near
> equivalent, they'll want an internal temperature of
> somewhere around
> 20 degrees centigrade (close enough to 300 kelvins).
> Thus, their ship
> will be a blackbody emmitter at roughly that
> temperature.
>      Unfortunately, you can't disguise your emmitted
> heat with camo,...

Would it be possible to use some kind of refrigerated
insulated outer hull to block the heat? Of course
this would give the ship a BIG problem of getting
rid of waste heat, but it might work for short
periods. Of course I'm not a physicist, so there
may be some fundamental problem I'm overlooking.

Prev: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: RE: [SG?] Cammo