Prev: Re: Future terrain Re: [SG] Modelling (was [FT]Just received...) Next: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 05:32:00 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

I thought about this alot...and I came up with these two possible
answers:

A) Use two maps for the system.  They would divid the system into Inner
and
Outer zones.  One hex on the outer zone map would equal the entire (or
most
of) inner zone map.  movement/turns on the outer zone map would be
scaled to
several turns on the innerzone map.  (I think...)

B) use a stylized map.	Give each body, ect in the system it's own orbit
ring.  Sun in the center, 1st planet in the first ring, second planet in
the
second ring, ect.  The problem with this idea is how to scale it.  Each
orbit is not to proper size in relation to the other orbits.  But it
does
make the map smaller.  (I think it's only good point.)

Donald Hosford