Prev: RE: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: RE: Asteroids in Space (was: RE: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions)

Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:56:16 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

At 9:25 AM -0400 8/7/01, Mark 'Indy' Kochte wrote:

>You won't. And it's very likely that space craft, travelling at *any*
>decent velocity, are going to have some kind of active sensors up in
>order to avoid terrain in space, even if the active sensors are at
>low-level (there'll come a point where any emmissions will be
indetectable
>from background energies). Thus Laserlight's comment about not flying
>faster than your radar.  ;-)

Welll...I don't know about any active sensors...especially if there
is a chance they have that perimeter setup as a first defensive line.
Sounds like a really good place to loose the element of
surprise....still many of these tactical dynamics will let them
selves be known in the game on their own...

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -

Prev: RE: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: RE: Asteroids in Space (was: RE: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions)