Prev: RE: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: RE: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:44:33 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

At 7:51 AM -0400 8/7/01, Laserlight wrote:
> > >If you have Harrington in mind I think you'll find their jump limit
> > >was more in the vicinity of 2-3AU.
> >
> > Hmm, More than Honor has the Hyper Limit based on the spectral class
> > of the star. The Sun is a G2 Dwarf (Main Sequence) and has a
> > Hyperlimit at 21.12 light minutes.
>
>2.5AU, then.

yep.

>I haven't seen that one.  Is that inside the star?  Might he be
>thinking of the amount of energy rather than mass?

I certainly think its inside, if you count the center of mass. It may
be from the surface of the star, still awfully close....its inside
Venus' orbit for sure if its Center of Mass.

Its in the back of More than Honor. I think basing on spectral class
and not mass of the star is a bit of a problem. I think Spectral
class is partly related to mass, but all stars go through a red giant
phase when they've burned down the H and HE content.

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -

Prev: RE: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: RE: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions