Prev: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: Asteroids in Space (was: RE: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions)

Re: FT-Movement, corkscrewing

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 08:40:40 -0400
Subject: Re: FT-Movement, corkscrewing

>> So it becomes useful for pretty much custom ships only.
 >> I'd rather make the cost 4 Thrust and say ships can't turn	while
>> corckscrewing.

> Well, as a counter-argument, it could be considered a pretty extreme
> manoeuvre, so only highly manoeuvrable ships could do it. The problem
of
>making the cost 4 Thrust in total is that there are SDNs that have that
> much thrust.
> Charles

I'll agree that it makes it accessible to things like the ESU BDN, but
then
there's something poetic and heroic about a great tub like that doing a
15-20 minute pirouette. It may be challenging from a game POV, but I
think
the no-turn penalty may be reasonable compensation. We could add an
engine
threshold roll at -1 per 50 mas above 50 or 100, depending how harsh you
want to be.

Prev: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: Asteroids in Space (was: RE: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions)