Prev: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: Re: Bifrost 2001

Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 01:31:27 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

At 12:42 AM -0400 8/7/01, Laserlight wrote:
> > the extra off the side if a 30 hex radius "system" gives the edge
> > where the FTL limit is and makes for an area where you can work it
>as
> > a no-mans-space...
>
>If you have Harrington in mind I think you'll find their jump limit
>was more in the vicinity of 2-3AU.

Hmm, More than Honor has the Hyper Limit based on the spectral class
of the star. The Sun is a G2 Dwarf (Main Sequence) and has a
Hyperlimit at 21.12 light minutes. I'm not sure why David bases it on
spectral type and not mass as he has the hyper limit for a red giant
as 5.64 LM. I'm inclined to put it out further past the first or
second Gas Giants in the case of Sol.

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -

Prev: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: Re: Bifrost 2001