Prev: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 00:35:03 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

At 12:17 AM -0400 8/7/01, Laserlight wrote:
> > It also makes for more fights that involve the raiding force coming
> > down the slot. ITs not as much fun if you can 'pop' in and hose the
> > ship yard then pop out before the ships on station the next planet
> > over can get to it.
>
>Well, it's a lot more fun if you are the popper, not much fun at all
>if you at the poppee.	Doesn't make a good battle, I agree.

It'd get boring pretty quick...

> > Well, the overall com signals are whisker thin lasers.
>
>Kinda tough to pull over over multiple AU.

Possible...the C&C issue will be something to think on....hard to
model in a game though. Unless you put each task force in a certain
area under the control of a particular player who can't talk to the
other players on his side...

> > away from the gravitic pulse comms stuff for now. (perhaps the Grav
> > Drive Aliens would use it?) This isn't a big deal as it only takes 7
> > seconds for light to travel 1 AU...or something like that
>
>Right around 500 seconds IIRC

Ack you're right. Its a 7 minute transition from the Sun isn't it?
Hmm, perhaps vibrating singularities is the way to go. How do the
ships that FTL get detected? A major pulse in T-K range Grav waves?

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -

Prev: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions