Prev: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

RE: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 14:22:51 +1000
Subject: RE: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

On Tuesday, August 07, 2001 2:10 PM, Ryan Gill
[SMTP:rmgill@mindspring.com]
wrote:
> Well, the overall com signals are whisker thin lasers. I'm shying
> away from the gravitic pulse comms stuff for now. (perhaps the Grav
> Drive Aliens would use it?) This isn't a big deal as it only takes 7
> seconds for light to travel 1 AU...or something like that. So at the
> extreme range of the edge of the system you're talking about
> something like 16 minutes max.

It's more like 8 1/2 light *minutes* to travel 1 AU (Indy could give you
the
exact figure).	So comm time will be closer to 6 hours; if you can hit
your
target with the comm laser.

'Neath Southern Skies - http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[sstrike] Raider Fleet of War Leader Kel'em'all

Prev: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions