Prev: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: RE: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 00:08:49 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

> >So make Saturn the "edge", 20 hex radius.
>
> By excluding Uranus you drop 15 possibly habitable moons from the
equation.

So?  By excluding the Oort cloud you drop quazillions of cubic
kilometers of this and that off the table.  I still think 100 hexes
across is too much.

> >Lots and lots and lots of vacuum, not much rock.  And if you do
find
> >yourself approaching a rock, it shouldn't take much of a burn to
avoid
> >it.	I'd ignore it.	Unless the natives put sensors or bases there.
>
> Where do you get your easily obtained isotopes, metals, silicates
and
> carbon chains for industry? Well, I'd think asteroids would be
bloody
> great places for that.

Yep.  Just that it's not really dense enough that you should have to
worry about driving through it.

Prev: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: RE: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions