Prev: Re: [OT]Ok chance to be web critics again! Next: RE: [OT]Ok chance to be web critics again!

[DS2]Battalion TO&E skeleton draft for my campaign generator

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 09:39:30 EDT
Subject: [DS2]Battalion TO&E skeleton draft for my campaign generator

Vehicles/Platoon, Platoons/Company, Vehicles/Company,
Companies/Battalion, Vehicles/Battalion, Nation, Main Vehicle Weapons
Tech

4, 3, 12, 3, 36, NEA, MDC

3, 5, 15, 3, 45, RRR, HKP

4, 4, 16, 3, 48, NPC, GMS

*6, 3, 18, 3, 54, IJK, HEL

3, 4, 12, 5, 60 PHR, HVC

3, 5, 15, 4, 60, LLP, SLAM

4, 5, 20, 3, 60, SAI, DFFG - not I have simplified their vehicle designs
since the last posting on the SAI.

5, 4, 20, 3, 60, Bear Rep., Mixed

BTW, does it strike anyone else odd that the HQ and HQ support at
company
level is apparently subsumed into one of the Platoons?

* IJK uses 2 sections of 3 vehicles making up a platoon of 6.

Playing around with Battalion vehicles count (no HQ elements [yet])
varying vehicle per platoon between 3 and 5, platoons per company from 3
to 5, and companies per battalion from 3 to 5 I ended up with Battalions
totaling from 27 through 125 vehicles (practical cut off I used was 64
[4, 4, 4]  as a maximum.)

I tried to place fewer vehicles in a battalion as the tech effectiveness
subjectively improved (strictly IMO).  Comments based on experience or
math (or even strictly IYO) are welcome.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [OT]Ok chance to be web critics again! Next: RE: [OT]Ok chance to be web critics again!