Prev: Re: Okay, how does this work... Next: [Terrain] Hairspray, felt

Re: Okay, how does this work...

From: Ray Forsythe <erf2@g...>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 10:40:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Okay, how does this work...

At 10:31 8/4/01 -0400, you wrote:
>> >Does this mean I need to buy some new sand paper and
>> a mask (lead and
>> >lungs - not compatible)?
>
>Nick asked:
>> Dare I ask how uncompatible?  I drilled out a hole in
>> the bottom of a Foch SDN yesterday to take a brass
>> pole stand, and when I finished realised I'd forgotten
>> to put my mask on . . . been a bit worried ever since.
>
>Why worry--ie what can you do now to change the situation?  Oh, sure,
>if you don't have a will you should make one out.  But so should
>everyone else.  The chances of one exposure causing any sort of major
>harm is minimal, just don't make a habit of it.
>
>If what you want is reassurance, I did this about 6 months ago and
>haven't noticed any symptoms yet.

If it makes you feel any better, I would think drilling would be less
risky
than sanding.  With sanding you get lots of small particles thant can be
inhaled.  With drilling, the shavings are generally much larger, and
would
require considerable effort to inhale.	Unless your proboscis is simply
unprecedented in the annals human anatomy, you shouldn't have too much
worry about.

(Then again, I'm not a doctor, so what do I know?)

--
Ray

Prev: Re: Okay, how does this work... Next: [Terrain] Hairspray, felt