Prev: Re: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - review Next: Future terrain Re: [SG] Modelling (was [FT]Just received...)

[SG] Modelling (was [FT]Just received...)

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 13:24:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [SG] Modelling (was [FT]Just received...)

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Allan Goodall wrote:

> Brian doesn't use Sculpey. I tried to go the Sculpey route, but found
it was
> too difficult. Sculpey has to be baked. I could mold the putty the way
> wanted, but it was always deformed in the process of removing it from
the
> bottom of the vehicle. I'm going to use Brian's suggestion of clays
and let it
> air dry.

It worked very well - the clay 'skirts' fall out as they dry, so you
just
stuff them back in with superglue afterward.

> I have something else in mind for the Sculpey. I'm going to craft some
SG2
> slit trenches with it. I'm also going to take a crack at creating
buildings
> with it. I bought Super Sculpey as per an article I read on The
Miniatures
> Page about using it to create historical buildings. I've got a cool
idea that
> would make an excellent convention game. I just need some ideas for
sci-fi
> buildings...

Great minds think alike... I've got a major update coming for my
webpage,
and one of hte new pages I've been working on is "The Future Doesn't
Have
To Be Gothic: Hard SF Buildings & Scenery"... I've got a bunch of ideas
for those of us who don't think the future will look anything like
medieval Europe on acid!

I'll drop the list a notice when I update the website in a week or two;
keep an eye out.

Anyone who has ideas they think would work on my hard-SF scenery page,
please feel free to send me ideas - I always keep original author's
credit
in place where needed.

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

Prev: Re: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - review Next: Future terrain Re: [SG] Modelling (was [FT]Just received...)