Prev: Re: weapons potential? Next: Re: DS2 AAR and questions

Re: [FT] Just received my order yesterday...

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:05:53 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Just received my order yesterday...

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:37:13 -0500, "David Rodemaker" <dar@horusinc.com>
wrote:

>The 15mm SG figs are great and I am now a convert except for one small
>issue. Vehicles?

I've had success with converting Roco minitanks, the HO scale "mostly
prebuilt" tank models. I've converted German Marder 1A3 APCs to grav
APCs, and
I've used straight uncoverted Marders as tracked APCs. They are
"different"
enough that most North Americans don't recognize them.

Someone said that they used Sculpey to convert some Rocos to GEV
vehicles. I
wish I knew whom because I'd like to see how that was done. My attempt
was
less than successful.

I noticed in the latest catalogue that Jon now sells 15mm tracked APCs.
I'm
considering them to save me some time in converting Rocos. Roco Leopard
IIs,
the latest variant, look sci-fi enough for tanks.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: weapons potential? Next: Re: DS2 AAR and questions