Prev: Re: [FH] About the UN again (sorry Beast) Next: Re: [FH] About the UN again (sorry Beast)

Re: [FH] About the UN again (sorry Beast)

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 09:12:00 EDT
Subject: Re: [FH] About the UN again (sorry Beast)

	<004f01c11218$0456d880$89fb0e3f@pavilion>

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001 15:04:48 -0400 "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
writes:
<snip>
>There are a number of worlds which are entirely or primarily occupied
>by one power (eg the NAC).  I can't see the UN doing that--if they had
>control over who got which planet, I think they'd want to split each
>planet up among multiple owners.  Among other things,
>a) if there's a disaster on one planet eg a plague of tribbles,
>everyone is affected, so it's fair--and hopefully everyone will chip
>in to find a cure;
>b) it may be more likely to cause small scale border incidents, which
>is good--maintains a need for the UN; but
>c) it is less likely to have
>
>ok, "b" is a pretty cold and calculating reason, but if it occurred to
>me, no doubt it occurred to those blood-sucking leeches employed by
>the Faceless One World Monolith....er, I mean, the UN bureaucrats.

OOOh, the great conspiracy in Space is alive and welll!  <V_vbg>

And define cold blooded, sounds lile normal work conversations to me.

>> Also, so what are the UNSC survey cruisers doing out on the rim,
>surveying
>> gaseous anomalies? < look out trek reference :) >
>
>Ah, that was later.  After the Major Powers, the IF, the PAU, etc had
>claimed the closest worlds, the UN realized it needed territory and
>began doing detailed curveys of the core systems (at least they *call*
>it surveys, it's probably intelligence-related) plus the rim systems
>(of course to get to the Rim you have to go through someone else's
>territory.  Too bad there are no space fish, the UN could just send
>"trawlers").

Copy the Japanese (recently, speaking of trawlers)  and call them
'training exercises' and you can go anywhere.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [FH] About the UN again (sorry Beast) Next: Re: [FH] About the UN again (sorry Beast)