Prev: CNN report Next: Multiple Weapons / Firecon

Re: [FH] About the UN again (sorry Beast)

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 11:12:42 +1000
Subject: Re: [FH] About the UN again (sorry Beast)

At 09:56  20/07/01 -0400, you wrote:
>At 11:24 AM +1000 7/20/01, Beth Fulton wrote:
>>
>>Personally I see it as collecting funds in many ways, though a
royalties
>>system would be a major one. While staffing would be primarily by
"UNSC
>>citizens", mercs and smaller member nations who were working on
>>commission (so to speak) with the odd "big nation" contingent on loan.
>

>Who are these UNSC citizens? People in the Core worlds? Did those
nations
>with sovereignty relinquish it to the UNSC

Say the UNSC set up a outpost on a world to assist in further deep space

exploration, they picked this world out in a earlier survey so no one
'owns' it yet. They outpost is set up it's a long term prospect and the
world is a nice place to be so the workers bring their families along,
pretty soon you have a community. Living on UN land, under UN law, gee?
What do you know you? 'UN  citizens' :) Besides haven't you ever heard
of
immigration? If you're going to live and work there permanently you may
as
well join in.

As for the sovereignty issue, it's given that the UNSC maintains the
peace
in the core worlds. For this to work I imagine all the nations will have
give up some degree sovereignty within the core. This may actually be a
contributing factor to the movement of the capitals off Earth (like the
NAC
at Albion), in turn this would have also made the UNSC's task of
"keeping
the peace in the core systems" much easier. Moreover the vast majority
of
the planets/systems in the core and inner colonies will probably have
multiple nations inhabiting them, unlike the outer systems which belong
a single nation. Issues of who gets what power and what compromises
people
are willing to live with will be very different in the two cases.

Derek and Beth

Beth and Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: CNN report Next: Multiple Weapons / Firecon