Prev: Re: Multiple and Mixed weapons turrets Next: Good Guys(Humor) - Was: RE: [FH] About the UN again (sorry Beast)

RE: [FH] About the UN again (sorry Beast)

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:46:31 -0500
Subject: RE: [FH] About the UN again (sorry Beast)

> At 11:24 AM +1000 7/20/01, Beth Fulton wrote:
> >
> >Personally I see it as collecting funds in many ways, though a
> >royalties system would be a major one. While staffing would be
> >primarily by "UNSC citizens", mercs and smaller member nations who
> >were working on commission (so to speak) with the odd "big nation"
> >contingent on loan.
> Who are these UNSC citizens? People in the Core worlds? Did those
> nations with sovereignty relinquish it to the UNSC

Well, you can get a UN passport *now* with the proper reasoning <g>

I figure that in the process of the UN becoming a mojor power what they
did
was went head-hunting in the manner of: "Join the UN, get a passport, we
don't extradite, we pay really well, and give you all sorts of toys to
play
with..."

Lot's of former mercs and corporates on the losing sides of conflicts,
the
UN was ruthless in it's recruitment (no former war-criminals acceptable
for
example) but rather quickly had a decent sized military and science
core.

Haven't had a countries just "up and join" the UN though...

Prev: Re: Multiple and Mixed weapons turrets Next: Good Guys(Humor) - Was: RE: [FH] About the UN again (sorry Beast)