Prev: Re: [FT] SSD's Next: Re: Un-narrowed Re: Movies

Re: Un-narrowed Re: Movies

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:27:25 -0400
Subject: Re: Un-narrowed Re: Movies

At 10:38 PM -0400 7/16/01, Richard and Emily Bell wrote:
>Ryan M Gill wrote:
>
>>  Those damn Japanese, always copying the west....
>>

>Pot, kettle, black.  Look at all of the Hollywood knock-offs of french
cinema:
>The Birdcage, Three Men and a Baby, The Man with One Red Shoe, Point
>of No Return.

One would think that with all the brits on the list the immediate
grasp of the sarcasm would be seen and felt.

>I have always wanted to watch Monty Python's Holy Grail followed
>immediately by
>Excalibur.

Include the Mists of Avalon now too. Though I'm really wanting to see
the Camulud Chronicles on

>Films for when the wife and kids return:
>My Neighbour Tottoro
>Kiki's Delivery Service

When they get a little older, I highly reccommend the other Miyazaki
films. Kazeno Taneno Nausicaa, Castle in the Sky Laputa, Mononoke
Hime, Porcco Rosso and Lupin.

>  Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

This actually scared me as a child.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	Toronto, Gun down some squeegee kids,	 - NRA -
-		 Then you can host the Olympics too!	       -

Prev: Re: [FT] SSD's Next: Re: Un-narrowed Re: Movies