Prev: re: [OT] Announcement Next: Re: [OT] Announcement

Re: [OT] SDF Macross on DVD

From: Aaron Teske <mithramuse@n...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 18:34:53 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] SDF Macross on DVD

At 02:03 PM 7/16/01 -0600, Mike wrote:
>Err, Umm, I think it's shipping.  At least I think this is the DVD set
that's
>sitting on my coffee table at home...	Have to go check!

That's probably ADV's Robotech release -- it's all of Robotech, which
includes parts of (but not all of) Macross, Southern Cross, and
Mospaeda.  They also altered the storyline to fit the three shows
together,
and (of course) it's dubbed in English.

Animeigo's release will just be Macross, but all of it (including the
bits
snipped to make Robotech), with the original storyline and Japanese
dialogue (no English dub, just a subtitle -- Harmony Gold didn't want 2
English versions, and of course there's no English dub for the bits that

were snipped...), and Animeigo is spending $$ to seriously clean up the
transfer.  They have some split cells on the website
(macross.animeigo.com)
showing before & after images... it looks *really* nice!

Okay, enough of this outta me. ^_^;

Prev: re: [OT] Announcement Next: Re: [OT] Announcement