Prev: Re: Un-narrowed Re: Movies Next: Re: Computer problems

Re: Movies

From: Aaron Teske <mithramuse@n...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 21:14:36 -0400
Subject: Re: Movies

At 12:39 AM 7/14/01 +0100, Rob Paul wrote:
>"The Wings of Honneamise" is splendid, with some beautiful aircraft and
>battle

Unfortunately it's a bit of a short battle, but what's so lovely about
the
scene in Wings of Honneamise is that, unlike most anime series, it's not
"hold them off until the giant robot pilot(s) can get it's act together
and
save us!" type of thing.  It's just grunts & pilots, having it out
because
they're following orders... lots of confusion, some shifting viewpoints,

and a great soundtrack by Ryuichi Sakamoto.  (Well, he was one of four
composers for the soundtrack anyway; I'm not sure off the top of my head

what other tracks he did than "Senso".)

Wings is, IMO, one of the best movies out there. ^_^  Though I am a bit
of
a sucker for "get-'em-into-space" type movies.... <grin>

Prev: Re: Un-narrowed Re: Movies Next: Re: Computer problems