Prev: Re: [OT] Map Maker Program? Next: Serendipity (sp?), TV, Gundam and minis was Re: Photos (was:Re: New IF ships)

Movies to watch while the family is away...

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:17:09 -0400
Subject: Movies to watch while the family is away...

Hi,

Try "The Odd Angry Shot" if you can find it.  Pretty good Vietnam War
film
made by Australians, about Australian troops fighting in Vietnam...
Much
more "realistic" action scenes than you see in typical modern Hollywood
films about that sort of thing.  Great for SG.

The new "Final Fantasy" flic (I just saw it last night) is quite fun
(and
spectacular).  It got some terrible reviews up here, and though it isn't
great movie I think the reviewers are missing the point or are just
stupid.
 It's worth seeing, and lots of good sci-fi action.

"Enemy at the Gate" has lots of good ideas for FMAskirmish type battles
in
an urban setting.  A friend saw it at the Toronto Film Festival months
before it opened theatrically, and it was quite different (and much
better)
than the actual release cut - but again, still worth the effort if you
can
find it (I don't know if it's available to be rented yet).

Is the Starship Troopers animated TV series available at rental stores?
I've never looked, though I doubt it.  That would be good...

Adrian

Adrian Johnson

Prev: Re: [OT] Map Maker Program? Next: Serendipity (sp?), TV, Gundam and minis was Re: Photos (was:Re: New IF ships)