Prev: Re: Movies Next: Un-narrowed Re: Movies

Re: Jon and Alan Re: Movies

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:20:56 +0100
Subject: Re: Jon and Alan Re: Movies

>***
>> There's a movie of The Cruel Sea and I've never seen it?!?!?
>
>http://www.eonline.com/Facts/Movies/0%2C60%2C4037%2C00.html
>
>http://us.imdb.com/Title?Cruel+Sea,+The+(1953)
>
>http://mrshowbiz.go.com/movies/reviews/TheCruelSea_1953/review.html
>***
>
>Now, Alan, you know that I'd been to IMDB as soon as I'd finished my
post,
>followed shortly by a stop at Amazon.com to make certain it's fairly
easy
>to obtain. ;->=
>
>Jon: of course I was in 'combat movie' mode, but I'm still embarassed I
>forgot to mention Dark City.

Good, innit?!  :-)

>Lexx, on the other hand...
>
>For the fellow cut-out bin crawlers, I bought a copy of Gigashadow
before
>I'd noticed it's the beginning(pilot, prequel?) to Lexx. ;->=

It's the last of the four 2-hour telemovies that formed Lexx season 1;
the
show didn't move to the usual 1-hour format till season 2. In order,
they
are: "I Worship His Shadow", "Supernova", "Eating Pattern" and
"Gigashadow". Here in the UK they were released on Vid as one 2-hour
episode per tape; I think they're now out on DVD as well. Note that some
TV
channels may split each episode down to two 1-hour shows rather than
screening it all at once.
For those who haven't seen any, Lexx is gothic, sick, twisted, gory and
thoroughly perverted. I love it.  ;-)

Jon (GZG)